Posting Date: October 7, 2015
Reference No: ADMIN-009
Position(s): One (1) Regular Full Time
- Carefor has an immediate opening for a Business/Systems Analyst
- Do you have proven Business and System Analyst Skills?
- Do you enjoy working with individuals and groups and being a trusted advisor?
- Are you passionate about improving existing systems?
- Do you like diversity and new challenges?
For 115 years, Carefor Health & Community Services, a registered charity and not-for-profit organization, has been keeping families together longer at home by providing home health care and community support services. From nursing to personal care, assisted living options and respite services to support caregivers and families, Carefor services continue to meet the needs of the local communities we serve across the Champlain region of Ottawa, Pembroke-Renfrew County & Eastern Counties. Carefor is a fully accredited healthcare organization that has expanded in recent years to over 1,000 staff and 42 million in annual revenue.
Under the direction of the IT Manager, the Business/Systems Analystis responsible for improving business processes in the administrative and operational departments within a multi-user/multi-site organization. This involves analyzing business processes, identifying issues, and investigating solutions, processes, systems and technologies. The Business/Systems Analyst will work with interdepartmental teams to scope, research, and design and implement business system improvements. The Business/Systems Analyst will be a SharePoint Champion who works closely with business teams to create SharePoint documents and workflow solutions following SharePoint Architecture, Governance and Best Practices.
Main responsibilities of the Business/Systems Analyst include:
- Examine existing business practices and analyze systems requirements
- Analyze proposed software changes for potential system, business and customer impacts to determine feasibility, cost, time required and compatibility
- Work with funders, internal staff and management to conduct needs analysis and document requirements for new software or existing software enhancements
- Develop, monitor, analyze and report key performance metrics
- Identify SharePoint or other technology solutions to help meet business requirements at Carefor and for collaboration workspaces across the Champlain LHIN
- Act as a liaison with Community agencies on common systems solutions
- Provides needs analysis for Intranet, Extranet and public website development and deployment – potentially within a SharePoint infrastructure or IIS web environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve design and/or work-flow roadblocks for the Development team
- Work on multiple development projects at the same time
- Participate in health and safety training including WHMIS and applies this knowledge
- Off hours support is required on a rotational basis
Qualifications required for this position include:
- Degree or diploma in Information Technology or an acceptable combination of professional development relevant IT work experience
- Masters certificate in Business Analysis or PMP certification an asset
- Experience with selection and evaluation of CRM and document management systems
- Significant experience in the planning, design, and implementation of SharePoint 2007 or 2010 projects
- Experienced in project management, planning and efficient coordination for Software related projects
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with teammates
- Effective time management, organization and prioritization of multiple projects and concurrent deadlines
- Can clearly articulate the relative criticality, risk and potential reward of new software
- Knowledge of Lean or ITL principles and application an asset
- Experience with fundraising software an asset
- Web development and/or marketing experience an asset
- 1-3 years’ experience with Crystal Reports an asset
- Knowledge of Web-based CRM applications and previous experience and familiarity with CRM software implementation an asset
Start Date: November 2015
Carefor offers a comprehensive compensation package which includes competitive salary, benefits and pension plan.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com or fax it to (613) 749-4002
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca.
Carefor Health & Community Services/Services et Soins de Santé Communautaires
760 Belfast Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 6M8