Day Program Assistant - Ottawa
"A rewarding career in caring starts here"
Posting Date: October 1, 2013
Reference No: CFW-DAP-013
Position(s): 2 Casual - Positions
Carefor Health & Community Services is a not-for-profit, charitable health care organization offering a wide variety of services in the greater Ottawa area. With over 750 staff and 300 volunteers, our skilled team members work closely with clients, caregivers and a multidisciplinary health care team to deliver quality and innovative support services.
Under the direction of the Manager or Team Leader and in accordance with Carefor and Program policies, procedures and practices, the Program Assistant provides support for the Program Clients and their families and ensures clients well being and safety.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Works with the team and assists clients with various activities throughout the day
- Assists Clients with personal care and mobility
- Planning and preparing meals
- Grocery orders
- Van escort to and from the program
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in one of the following: Personal Support Worker, Developmental Service Worker, Gerontology, Recreation, Social Services Worker
- Experience working with seniors who have Alzheimer’s or Dementia mandatory
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and caring attitude towards individuals from diverse backgrounds and with special needs.
- Good Assessment skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to work independently.
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR level B Certificate.
- Completion of the Food Handler course.
- Bilingualism French/English as asset.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com or fax it to (613) 749-4002.
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca.
Carefor Health & Community Services/Services et Soins de Santé Communautaires
760 Belfast Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 6M8