"A rewarding career in caring starts here"
Posting Date: Thursday May 19, 2016
Reference Number: A16-008
Position: One (1) Part Time (.4 FTE) Term Bilingual Dietician-July 2016 – Aug. 2017
Carefor is a dynamic not-for-profit organization that provides multidisciplinary community based health care services in the Ottawa area. We are known for our leadership in providing quality care in the areas of community medical care, rehabilitation and support. We provide services in the client's home.
The Dietitian is responsible for the assessment, treatment, consultation and counseling to clients and their families in the community. The Dietitian will be able to provide clinically effective and cost efficient care to the client using a client centred approach that includes development of a client care plan, provision of dietetic teaching and treatment in order to enable the client to achieve the care plan goals.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Reviews pertinent history and medical information; Evaluates client and establishes care plan
- Implements strategies or interventions according to the established care plan, revises as required
- Evaluates, describes and documents client’s/family’s progress towards the achievement of outcomes
- Documents client care activity clearly and accurately in a concise fashion according to Carefor standards
- Demonstrates evidence of consultation and negotiation with client/family during delivery of care
- Utilizes adult learning principals and established teaching materials to provide health teaching to clients and families
- Identifies and utilizes appropriate tools and resources to deliver care and manages these responsibly.
- Promotes client-directed care, self-care and independence through teaching
- Refers clients to appropriate levels and type of care and to other disciplines utilizing established guidelines
- Registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and able to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making and analysis
- The ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, (G2 level).
- Use of a reliable vehicle that is insured for business use
- 3-5 years Clinical practice experience preferred
- Experience in community health preferred
- Bilingualism (French/English) required
Start Date: To be Determined
Please forward your resume to email@example.com or fax it to (613) 749-4002
To learm more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca
Health & Community Services/Services et Soins de Santé Communautaires
760 Belfast Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 6M8