"A rewarding career in caring starts here"
Posting Date: July 7, 2014
Reference Number: A14-010
Position: 1 Regular Part Time .4 FTE Bilingual Registered Dietitian - 1 Casual Bilingual Registered Dietitian
Carefor is a dynamic not-for-profit organization that provides multidisciplinary community based health care services in theOttawaarea. We are known for our leadership in providing quality care in the areas of community medical care, rehabilitation and support. We provide services in the client’s home.
The Dietitian is responsible for the provision and management of cost effective Dietetic care to individuals and/or families in the community. You will be responsible for the assessment, treatment, consultation and counseling to clients and their families in the community by: developing a Client Care Plan, providing Dietetic Intervention, and developing a teaching plan that will enable the Client to achieve the Care Plan Goals.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Create a care plan with realistic client-centered outcomes and goals
- Implement strategies or interventions according to the established care plan
- Describe, evaluate and document client’s/family’s responses to care plan utilizing established procedures
- Describe and document client care activity clearly, concisely, accurately and appropriately
- Evaluate client’s/families responses to care plan and revises plan as required
- Demonstrate evidence of negotiation with client/family during delivery of care
- Utilize adult learning principals and established teaching materials to provide health teaching to clients and families
- Identify and utilize tools and resources for work.
- Refer clients to appropriate levels and type of care and to other disciplines utilizing established guidelines
- Promote client-directed care, self care and independence through teaching
- Registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making and analysis
- The ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, (G2 level).
- Use of a reliable vehicle that is insured for business use
- 3-5 years Clinical practice experience preferred
- Experience in community health
- Bilingualism (French/English) is mandatory
Start Date: To be Determined
Hours of Work: 8h00 to 16h30
Please forward your resume to email@example.com or fax it to (613) 749-4002
To learm more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca
Health & Community Services/Services et Soins de Santé Communautaires
760 Belfast Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 6M8