District Coordinator in Client Services (Ottawa)
"A rewarding career in caring starts here"
District Coordinator Client Services
“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Posting Date: May 27, 2015
Reference No: ADMIN-005
Position(s): Three (3) Casual District Coordinators
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Start Date: To be determined
The District Coordinator works as part of a team to implement Carefor’s approved or prescribed processes to ensure every client visit is properly scheduled, every service provider’s caseload is properly assigned and client expectations are met. The District Coordinator also maintains accurate documentation and communications to clients, service providers and other users. A District Coordinator may have to manage client expectations to ensure the expected service level is achieved.
You could be scheduled to work day, evening and weekend shifts, and your fair share of statutory holidays.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Scheduling service providers for client visits in areas assigned by manager;
- Providing work schedules to staff that meet client needs and maximize continuity of care;
- Keeping up-to-date with daily changes such as staff availability, changes in client service authorizations and/or care plans;
- Liaising with services providers, Client Service Coordinator, Managers and Supervisors, peers, clients and customers;
- Ensuring client and service provider information is accurate and up-to-date in the scheduling database;
- Providing timely information, through the use of communication technology (telephone, fax, e-mail, voice-mail), to field staff;
- Contacting CCAC regarding discrepancies in frequency, authorization for extra visits or not seen/ not found visits, extensions to planned review dates;
- Dealing with all clients/customers/staff in a pleasant, professional manner; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to manage coinciding demands;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills;
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate activities;
- Scheduling experience with focus on customer service;
- Knowledge of medical terminology;
- Experience using database software;
- Must have good comprehension of treatment codes and their relationship to time management;
- Must be able to work independently and within a team;
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft products (including Word, Excel);
- Accurate and efficient computer data-entry skills;
- Must work your fair share of weekends and statutory holidays; and
- Bilingualism (English/French) preferred.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com or fax it to (613) 749-4002.
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca.
Carefor Health & Community Services/Services et Soins de Santé Communautaires
760 Belfast Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 6M8