Bilingual District Coordinator in Client Services (Ottawa)
“A rewarding career in caring starts here”
Position(s): Three (3) Casual District Coordinators
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Start Date: To be determined
The District Coordinator works as part of a team to implement Carefor’s approved or prescribed processes to ensure every client visit is properly scheduled, every service provider’s caseload is properly assigned and client expectations are met. The District Coordinator also maintains accurate documentation and communications to clients, service providers and other users. A District Coordinator may have to manage client expectations to ensure the expected service level is achieved.
You could be scheduled to work day, evening and weekend shifts, and your fair share of statutory holidays.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Schedules service providers for client visits in areas assigned by manager
- Provides work schedules to staff that meet client needs and maximize continuity of care;
- Keeps up-to-date with daily changes such as staff availability, changes in client service authorizations and/or care plans
- Ensures client and service provider information is accurate and up-to-date in the scheduling database
- Provides timely information, through the use of communication technology (telephone, fax, e-mail, voice-mail), to field staff, services providers, co-workers,, Managers and Supervisors, clients and customers
- Verifies visit confirmations from field staff and processes in a timely manner to be processed by the billing department
- Verifies payroll information for field staff in a timely manner ensuring accuracy of hours, mileage, stats and premiums.
- Contacts CCAC regarding discrepancies in frequency, authorization for extra visits or not seen/ not found visits, extensions to planned review dates
- Works collaboratively as part of a team willing to assist others and mentor new staff
- Contributes to the principles of customer-focused service and continuous quality improvement
- Functions and completes all duties in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety legislation, regulations, and Carefor policies, procedures, and standards
- Diploma or Degree from an accredited College or University
- Previous scheduling experience preferred
- Experience using database software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Accurate and efficient computer data-entry skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage coinciding demands, and demonstrated flexibility to adjust priorities to meet changing demands and circumstances
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and professional demeanor
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate activities
- Must be able to work independently and within a team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Bilingualism (French/English) preferred
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (613) 749-4002.
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca.
Carefor Health & Community Services/Services et Soins de Santé Communautaires
760 Belfast Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 6M8