Driver - Casual - Ottawa
"A rewarding career in caring starts here"
Posting Date: October 1, 2013
Location: Ottawa and Surronding Area
Competition #: DRV-CFW-013
Summary of Function:
Under the supervision of the Community Support Services Manager, the Driver operates a passenger van to transport clients safely and efficiently. Coordinates route to ensure clients are picked up and dropped off to attend their appointments as scheduled and assists clients as necessary. The Driver also collects transportation fees as directed by management.
- Secondary school education preferred
- Must have a current valid driver’s license, Class G or higher in the province of Ontario (not graduated license)
- No known health conditions that may impair driving safety
- Must be at least 25 years of age for insurance purposes
- Must have own vehicle insurance policy with $2 million coverage is preferred
- Minimum 3 years driving experience with a clean driving record
- Experience in handling confidential information
- Experience working with seniors and/or persons with disabilities is an asset.
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written)
- Knowledge of geographical area – is an asset
- Ability to travel to rural areas
- Ability to take direction well
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to learn and use a GPS
- Ability to evaluate situations and use policies and procedures as guidelines
- Ability to calculate change for payments received
- Ability and available to work flexible hours including shift work, days, evening, weekends
- Ability to adjust to changing procedures and schedules
- Ability to sit for periods of time
- Ability to move and/or lift wheelchairs, walkers or other mechanical aids on a frequent basis
- Ability to physically provide support to frail clients
The successful candidate will be prepared to commence employment as soon as possible.
Candidates must demonstrate the following characteristics: Effective Communication, Accountability, Client/Customer Focus, Teamwork, Quality Improvement, Adaptability to Change, and Caring/Respect
Please forward your resume to email@example.com or fax it to (613) 749-4002.
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca.
Carefor Health & Community Services/Services et Soins de Santé Communautaires
760 Belfast Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 6M8