Executive Assistant (Ottawa)
"A rewarding career in caring starts here"
Posting Date: March 28, 2014
Reference No: CFW-EA-014
Position(s): One (1) Full Time Contract – Starting May 1, 2014 ending April 30, 2015
Carefor Health & Community Services is a not-for-profit, charitable health care organization offering a wide variety of services in the greater Ottawa area. With over 750 staff and 300 volunteers, our skilled team members work closely with clients, caregivers and a multidisciplinary health care team to deliver quality and innovative support services.
The Executive Assistant works closely with the CEO’s Corporate Executive Assistant, supporting the Standing Committees of the Board as required, the office of the CEO, and designated managers and supervisors. This position is responsible for a comprehensive range of administrative and support that includes providing the administrative support to the CEO’s office handling confidential records, performing research and analysis, gathering statistical data, formulating statistical reports, maintaining files and correspondence, taking minutes, and handling confidential information.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint and Outlook, as well as electronic document management systems, and resource information systems.
- Knowledge of Publisher, Visio and statistical software an asset.
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, projects and events simultaneously under restricted timelines requiring concentration and attention to detail.
- Able to create reports and interpret statistical information.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and good judgment.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work independently to prepare, compose and proof all work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience with minute taking.
- Self-directed and motivated with an ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple concurrent tasks.
- Effective interpersonal relationships and ability to work with multiple team members.
- Bilingualism (French/English) preferred.
- A minimum of a certificate/diploma in Office or Business Administration preferred or progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Minimum of two years experience providing administrative support at a senior management level.
- Previous experience working in the health sector and or non-profit organization an asset.
- Experience supporting a Standing Committee of the Board including preparing agendas, taking minutes, and proofing your own work.
- Experience maintaining office administrative correspondence and files of a confidential nature.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (613) 749-4002.
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca.
Carefor Health & Community Services/Services et Soins de Santé Communautaires
760 Belfast Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 6M8