Fundraising Specialist (Ottawa)
"A rewarding career in caring starts here"
Posting Date: January 7, 2014
Reference No: CFW-Fund-014
Position(s): 1 Full Time
For 115 years, Carefor Health & Community Services, a registered charity and not-for-profit organization, has been keeping families together longer at home by providing home health care and community support services. From nursing to personal care, assisted living options and respite services to support caregivers and families with loved ones living with Alzheimer’s or other dementias, Carefor services are available in the home, a retirement facility or community setting.
Carefor is a fully accredited healthcare organization that has expanded in recent years to over 1,000 staff and volunteers with $38 million in annual revenue from services delivered across Ottawa, Pembroke-Renfrew County & Eastern Counties.
Reporting to the Marketing, Fundraising, and Administration Manager, the Full Time Fundraising Specialist provides leadership and development for the planning, coordination and execution for fundraising activities to achieve annual fundraising goals and support the long term growth and sustainability of Carefor’s fundraising base in the Ottawa area.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement fundraising campaigns/events as part of the annual fundraising plan to meet financial goals set out by the organization
- Nurture existing relationships with donors, sponsors and community partnerships
- Identify and develop new relationships with donors, philanthropic organizations third party event fundraising organizations
- Support and coach volunteers and staff to help support fundraising efforts
- Develop and coordinate direct mail appeals including data base management
- Ensure creative communications are consistent and aligned with Carefor’s branding, fundraising and marketing objectives
- Identify corporate, government, foundation and other funding sources
- Develop grant and fundraising proposals and applications
- Track and monitor fundraising results and goals and present results and plans to the Fundraising and Allocations Committee of the Board
We are looking for a results-driven professional who will help us achieve our targets in a challenging environment. The ideal candidate possesses:
- Post-secondary education with a focus in fundraising, marketing, communications, sales, public relations
- Minimum four years fundraising experience in a not for profit including experience working with volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to build new and long-term relationships with philanthropic organizations, media contacts, prospects, donors, and volunteers
- Proven record of success soliciting, closing and managing sales/donations/sponsorship programs
- Demonstrated experience using Raiser’s Edge or equivalent systems for tracking communication, reporting and follow up for donors, sponsors, prospects
- Working knowledge of Canada Revenue Agency requirements for operating as a charity including activities, record keeping, receipting
- Bilingualism (English/French).
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (613) 749-4002.
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca.
Carefor Health & Community Services/Services et Soins de Santé Communautaires
760 Belfast Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 6M8