Fundraising Specialist (Ottawa)
"A rewarding career in caring starts here"
Posting Date: January 7, 2014
Reference No: CFW-Fund-014
Position(s): 1 Full Time
For 115 years, Carefor Health & Community Services, a registered charity and not-for-profit organization, has been keeping families together longer at home by providing home health care and community support services. From nursing to personal care, assisted living options and respite services to support caregivers and families with loved ones living with Alzheimer’s or other dementias, Carefor services continue to meet the needs of the local communities we serve. In Ottawa, Pembroke-Renfrew County & Eastern Counties, our services are available in the comfort of our clients’ home, in a retirement facility, or in a community setting.
Reporting to the Marketing, Fundraising, and Administration Manager, the Full Time Fundraising Specialist provides leadership and management for the development, planning, coordination and execution of fundraising activities, sponsorship and community engagement to achieve annual fundraising goals and support the long term growth and sustainability of Carefor’s fundraising base for Ottawa.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Improve the fundraising revenue of Carefor through formal fundraising efforts
- Develop and implement fundraising campaigns/events as part of the annual fundraising plan to meet financial goals set out by the organization
- Develop new donors and philanthropic organizations to help support Carefor’s goals
- Nurture existing community partnerships and sponsorships and develop new ones
- Enhance the capacity of volunteers and staff to fundraise through coaching and developing straightforward techniques for asking for support
- Develop and coordinate direct mail appeals including data base management, budgets, and expense tracking
- Oversee creative communications to ensure consistency and alignment with Carefor’s branding, fundraising and marketing objectives.
- Identify and build upon outsourced services, corporate, government, foundation and other funding sources to maximize the effectiveness of Carefor’s fundraising efforts
- Identify and capitalize on new avenues/forums to establish strategic alliances and new relationships with third party event donors
- Develop grant and fundraising proposals and applications
- Track and report on fundraising goals and projects.
We are looking for a results-driven professional who will help us achieve our targets in a challenging environment. The ideal candidate possesses:
- Post-secondary education with a focus in fundraising, marketing, communications, sales, public relations
- Minimum four years fundraising experience in a not for profit including experience working with volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to build new and long-term relationships with philanthropic organizations, media contacts, prospects, donors, and volunteers
- Proven record of successfully soliciting, closing and managing sales/donations/sponsorship programs
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and data management
- Demonstrated experience using Raiser’s Edge or equivalent systems for tracking communication, reporting and follow up for donors, sponsors, prospects preferred
- Knowledge of Canada Revenue Agency requirements for operating as a charity including activities, record keeping, receipting
- Bilingualism (English/French) Mandatory.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com or fax it to (613) 749-4002.
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca.
Carefor Health & Community Services/Services et Soins de Santé Communautaires
760 Belfast Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 6M8