Guest House Assistant
"A rewarding career in caring starts here"
Position: Two (2) Casual Guest House Assistants
Reference Number: GHA-001-15
Location: Ottawa – 1750 Russell Road
Working as part of a team, the Guest Assistant is responsible for facilitating the client’s stay at the Guest House by promoting his/her abilities/strengths, while supporting his/her disabilities/deficits. The GA will manage the client’s physical, social, emotional and spiritual care in keeping with the mission, goals, and objectives of the Guest House and within the framework of Carefor’s policies, procedures and standards. The GA will be responsible for a number of housekeeping duties to ensure smooth operation of the Guest House.
The Guest House is currently looking to fill two (2) casual positions to be on-call for day, evening and night shifts.
- Degree/Diploma/Certificate in Social Services, Dementia, Personal Support Worker, Development Support Worker or Gerontology
- Experience or Education in Recreation is considered an asset
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate mandatory
- Food Handling Certificate is an asset
- Work/volunteer experience with Dementia clients or special needs elderly is preferred
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches training considered an asset
- Household management experience
- Well developed interpersonal skills & experience working in a team Environment
- Experience working with elderly or ill individuals or children
- Must be able to communicate well in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to take direction well
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to adjust to working in different social and economic environments
- Behavior management and Crisis Intervention training would be an asset
Eligible candidates must be willing to work a variety of shifts, including, early mornings, evenings, overnights, every second weekend and holidays. Access to a vehicle is an asset.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (613) 749-4002.
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca.
Carefor Health & Community Services/Services et Soins de Santé Communautaires
760 Belfast Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 6M8