Home Support Worker & Companion Sitter
"A rewarding career in caring starts here"
Position: Casual - no guarantee of hours
Location: Arnprior/Renfrew, Ontario
Must be willing to travel.
Summary of Function:
Under the supervision of the Client Services Manager, the Support Worker provides supportive in-home services for adults and provides relief to family caregivers by assuming certain responsibilities for a specific client as planned and directed by the manager or family member in consultation with the manager and within the framework of Carefor Health & Community Services policies, procedures, and standards.
- Completion of Grade 10 or equivalent is preferred
- Health Care Aide Certificate, an asset
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate
- Current CPR level C Certificate
- Experience in household management
- Experience in housekeeping
- Experience in community health
- Experience working with elderly, ill individuals, or children
- Experience in handling confidential information
- Previous health care related background and working with clients with various health conditions an asset
- Ability to take direction well
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to evaluate situations and use policies and procedures as guidelines
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written)
- Dependable, trustworthy, compassionate with good work habits
- Interested in supporting the elderly and disabled adults
- Ability and available to work a variety of shifts ranging from shorts blocks of time to full 8 hour shifts, days, evening and weekends in a facility or home environment
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to bend, sit, stand, kneel for short periods of time
The successful candidate will be prepared to commence employment as soon as possible.
Candidates must demonstrate the following characteristics: Effective Communication, Accountability, Client/Customer Focus, Teamwork, Quality Improvement, Adaptability to Change, and Caring/Respect
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Eligible candidates should submit a resume clearly outlining their ability to fulfil all position requirements by mail or in person to: Heather Tatton, Human Resources Advisor: 425 Cecelia Street, Pembroke, ON K8A 1S7, by fax at (613) 732-2415, or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please note that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. If you have special needs and require accommodation measures for the selection process, please notify the Carefor Human Resources Advisor at that time.
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca.