"A rewarding career in caring starts here"
Posting Date:January 14, 2014
Reference Number: A14-01
Position: One (1) Full Time Occupational Therapist
Carefor Health & Community Services is a not-for-profit, charitable health care organization offering a wide variety of services in the greater Ottawa area. With over 750 staff and 300 volunteers, our skilled team members work closely with clients, caregivers and a multidisciplinary health care team to deliver quality and innovative support services.
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for the provision and management of cost effective therapy to individuals and/or families in the community. You will be responsible for assessing the client's level of functioning as well as their environment, developing and implementing a care plan to address the issues, referral to resources in the community and assisting the client to access funding.
As an Occupational Therapist, you are dedicated to providing the highest quality of client care, passionate about your profession and committed to ongoing professional development. You are able to provide cost-effective, organized care that promotes client directed care, self care and independence.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Complete thorough and clinically relevant assessments of the client/family and their environment.
- Develop a care plan with the client and family based on the assessment
- Document and communicate care plan according to established guidelines and standards
- Implement strategies or interventions according to the established care plan
- Evaluate client’s/families responses to care plan for the achievement of realistic client-centered outcomes and revise plan as required
- Document client care activity concisely and accurately, according to College guidelines and Carefor standards
- Assist with and complete applications for funding of equipment and renovations.
- Refer clients to appropriate community resources and programs as well other disciplines as necessary
- Promote client-directed care, self care and independence
- Registration with the College of Occupational Therapy of Ontario
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and able to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making and analysis
- The ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, (G2 level).
- Use of a reliable vehicle that is insured for business use
- 3-5 years Clinical practice experience preferred
- ADP Certification preferred
- Experience in community health
- Bilingualism is Mandatory (French/English)
Start Date: To Be Determined
Hours of Work: 8h00 to 16h30
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca.
Carefor Health & Community Services/Services et Soins de Santé Communautaires
760 Belfast Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 6M8