"A rewarding career in caring starts here"
Posting Date: September 1, 2015
Positions: One (1) Full Time and One (1) Casual
Carefor is a dynamic not-for-profit organization that provides multidisciplinary community based health care services in the Ottawa area. We are known for our leadership in providing quality care in the areas of community medical care, rehabilitation and support. The goal of therapy at Carefor is to enhance client outcomes through effective use of therapy services in community-based care, particularly in their home.
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for holistic assessment and intervention in the area of critical life skills required for independent living. The emphasis of intervention is to assist the individuals to develop skills, restore function and independence, maintain ability, and promote health and safety. Interventions may include assessment/consultation, direct treatment/rehabilitation toward client-determined goals, teaching/training of clients or their caregivers, and advocacy.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Complete clinically relevant assessments of the client/family and their environment.
- Develop a care plan with the client and family based on the assessment
- Document and communicate care plan as well as client care activity per college standards
- Implement strategies or interventions according to achieve realistic client-centered outcomes
- Document client care activity concisely and accurately, according to College guidelines and Carefor standards
- Utilize practices supported by evidence and research to achieve realistic client-centred outcomes
- Use proactive preventative measures, early intervention, client/caregiver education and self-management support, to facilitate independence, community integration and aging at home
- Play an integral role in promoting independence and facilitating the safe provision of care in the home to those who may otherwise require institutional care.
- Assist with and complete applications for funding of equipment and renovations.
- Refer clients to appropriate community resources and programs as well other disciplines as necessary
- Registration with the College of Occupational Therapy of Ontario
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and able to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making and analysis
- The ability to work collaboratively with case managers, clients, families and other caregivers to provide service
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, (G2 level) and use of a reliable vehicle
- 2-5 years clinical practice experience preferred
- ADP Certification strongly preferred
- Experience in community health
- Bilingualism is an asset (French/English)
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca.
Carefor Health & Community Services/Services et Soins de Santé Communautaires
760 Belfast Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 6M8