Personal Support Workers: Casual (Ottawa)
"A rewarding career in caring starts here"
Reference Number: CFW-PSS-01
Location: Ottawa (area)
The Personal/Home Support Worker provides personal support and homemaking services to individuals and families in the home within the framework of Carefor policies, procedures, standards and quality & risk management. They Collaborate with all members of the health care team to meet the needs of individuals and attain their optimal level of independence and well being.
- Secondary school education preferred
- Certificate in Home Support Worker (Level I, II, III), Personal Support Worker, Developmental Service Worker or Health Care Aide
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate, if applicable
- Current CPR level C Certificate, if applicable
- Household management experience
- Experience working with elderly or ill individuals or children
- Must be able to communicate well in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to take direction well
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to adjust to working in different social and economic environments
Eligible candidates must be willing to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays. Access to a vehicle is an asset.
We provide a comprehensive benefit program which includes a defined pension plan with company match, health and dental and illness/disability plans. Carefor Health & Community Services recognizes the importance of education and focuses on promotion of continuing education courses.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com or fax it to (613) 749-4002.
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca.
Carefor Health & Community Services/Services et Soins de Santé Communautaires
760 Belfast Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 6M8