"A rewarding career in caring starts here"
Posting Date: Thursday May 19, 2016
Reference Number: A16-007
Position: One (1) Full Time Term Physiotherapist – May 2016 - July 2017
Carefor is a dynamic not-for-profit organization that provides multidisciplinary community based health care services in the Ottawa area. We are known for our leadership in providing quality care in the areas of community medical care, rehabilitation and support. The goal of therapy at Carefor is to enhance client outcomes through effective use of therapy services in community-based care, particularly in their home
The Physical therapist is responsible for the assessment, treatment, consultation and counseling to clients and their families in the community by: restoring movement/function and pain management; developing personalized exercise programs to develop/restore range of motion, strength, endurance, flexibility and balance; administering chest and cardiac rehabilitation treatments; administering modalities; and prescribing/training clients to use mobility aids, adaptive devices, transfer aids and other equipment.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Assess and treat clients with a wide range of acute and chronic conditions
- Test and measure the functioning of the musculoskeletal, neurological, pulmonary and cardiovascular systems.
- Establish a clinical diagnosis and care plan for the treatment of physical problems
- Document and communicate care plan according to established guidelines and standards
- Measure client’s/family’s progress towards goal achievement using objective measures,
- Demonstrate evidence of consultation and negotiation with client/family during delivery of care
- Provide client, family or support personnel with education and training to maximize physical abilities
- Utilize adult learning principals and established teaching materials to educate clients and families
- Identify and utilize appropriate tools and resources to deliver care and manage these responsibly.
- Refer client/family to appropriate levels and type of care and community resources as needed
- Promote client-directed care, self-care and independence
- Registration with the College of Physiotherapy of Ontario
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and able to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making and analysis
- The ability to work collaboratively with case managers, clients, families and other caregivers to provide service.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, (G2 level) and use of a reliable vehicle.
- 2-5 years Clinical practice experience preferred
- ADP Authorizer preferred
- Experience in community health
- Bilingualism is Preferred (French/English)
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (613) 749-4002
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca.
Carefor Health & Community Services/Services et Soins de Santé Communautaires
760 Belfast Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 6M8