Position(s): Casual, no guarantee of hours
Location: Renfrew County Area
Summary of Function:
Under the supervision of the Client Services Manager, the Personal Support Worker (PSW) provides personal support and homemaking services to individuals in their homes. Care is provided within the framework of policies, procedures, standards and quality & risk management. The PSW collaborates with members of the health care team in meeting the needs of individuals to attain an optimal level of independence and well-being. A PSW is responsible to work within his/her scope of practice, performing the care and activities for which they have the necessary training and for which they are competent. The PSW is to inform the manager or designate if they require additional training with tasks.
- Personal Support Worker Certificate, required
- Secondary school education, preferred
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate, preferred
- Current CPR level C Certificate, preferred
- Registered in the PSW Registry of Ontario, required
- At least 1 year experience working with elderly or ill individuals in a community setting
- Experience in handling confidential information
- Ability to evaluate situations and use policies and procedures as guidelines
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written)
- Good assessment skills
- Awareness of community resources
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team
- Dependable, trustworthy, compassionate with good work habits
- Ability to take direction well
- Ability to work independently in a busy, fast paced environment and prioritize duties
- Ability to work variety of hours, days, evening and weekends
- Ability to bend, sit, stand, kneel for short periods of time
The successful candidate will be prepared to commence employment as soon as possible.
Candidates must demonstrate the following characteristics: Effective Communication, Accountability, Client/Customer Focus, Teamwork, Quality Improvement, Adaptability to Change, and Caring/Respect
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Eligible candidates should submit a resume clearly outlining their ability to fulfil all position requirements by mail or in person to: Heather Tatton, Human Resources Advisor: 425 Cecelia Street, Pembroke, ON K8A 1S7, by fax at (613) 732-2415, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. If you have special needs and require accommodation measures for the selection process, please notify the Carefor Human Resources Advisor at that time.
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca.