Full Time Registered Nurse Visiting Nursing Program
"A rewarding career in caring stars here"
Posting Date: January 10, 2014
Reference No: N14-01
Position (s): One (1) Full Time Evenings RN
The RN is responsible for the provision and management of cost effective nursing care to individuals and/or families in the community. Care is provided within the framework of quality & risk management and the standards and scope of practice set by Carefor and the provincial regulatory body (Ontario College of Nurses). The RN is responsible to teach and delegate tasks to different levels of workers.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Provides complete, relevant assessment of the client utilizing pre-set procedures
- Develops a care plan with the client and family based on the nursing assessment; incorporating discharge planning
- Implements nursing strategies or interventions according to the established care plan
- Performs technical nursing skills at a safe level in accordance with nursing principles and Carefor’s policies and procedures
- Describes, evaluates and documents client/family responses to care plan utilizing established procedures and
- the achievement of realistic client-centered outcomes, and revises the plan as required
- Describes and documents nursing processes clearly, concisely, accurately and appropriately, according to Carefor documentation standards
- Demonstrates respect for client’s choices and decisions
- Utilizes adult learning principals and established teaching materials to provide health teaching to clients and families
- Reports and discusses client's status on a regular basis with other members of the health care team
- Registration with the College of Nurses in Ontario
- High tech skills mandatory
- IV initiation and management skills an asset or willing to be taught
- Wound Care Experience an asset
- Palliative Care an asset
- Clinical practice preferred
- Experience in community health care preferred
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to problem solve and to adapt nursing to independent practice.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary practice
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, (G2 level)
- Use of a reliable vehicle that is insured for business use
- Bilingual (French/English) an asset.
Start Date: To be determined
Hours of work: 16:00 to 24:00
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (613) 749-4002.
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca.
Carefor Health & Community Services/Services et Soins de Santé Communautaires
760 Belfast Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 6M8