Registered Practical Nurse for Foot Care: Casual (Ottawa)
"A rewarding career in caring starts here"
Posting Date: January 9, 2013
Reference No: N13-01
Position(s): Two (2) Casual RPN positions for Foot Care for RSV
As a Foot Care nurse with Advanced Foot Care training, you will provide a wide range of foot care services, either in the home or at our community foot care clinics. You will utilize a General & Diabetic Foot Assessment Tool which follows the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario Best Practice Guildeline “Reducing Foot Complications for People with Diabetes”, on all new clients to Carefor. You will work days and the occasional weekend shifts in order to meet operational requirements.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Utilizes appropriate interviewing and communication skills to obtain information from the client/family
- Provides complete, relevant assessment of the client/family and their environment utilizing established procedures
- Selects and implements strategies or interventions from established care plans in consultation with the client and/or caregiver and health care team
- Utilizes adult learning principals and established teaching materials to provide health teaching to clients and families
- Incorporates current research findings into clinical practice
- Demonstrates effective time management, planning and organizing of day’s work activities
- Promotes client-directed care, self care and independence through teaching
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Ability to provide advanced Footcare with Dremel drill
- Footcare Certificate required
- Experience in community health preferred
- Ability to problem solve and to adapt nursing to independent practice
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, (G2 level)
- Use of a reliable vehicle that is insured for business use
- Bilingualism English/French an asset
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (613) 749-4002.
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca.
Carefor Health & Community Services/Services et Soins de Santé Communautaires
760 Belfast Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 6M8