Posting Date: March 10, 2014
Position: Casual, no guarantee of hours
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Summary of Function:
Under the supervision of the Care Team Supervisor, the Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) is responsible for the provision and management of cost effective, quality nursing care to residents of the Pembroke Civic Complex. RPN will assume a leadership role by teaching, delegating, and providing guidance to different levels of workers within the care team. Care is provided within the framework of quality & risk management, Carefor policies and procedures, and the standards and scope of practice set by the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO).
- RPN Diploma from approved college
- Valid registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Certificate in gerontology would be an asset.
- Current CPR and First Aid
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Experience in a long term care or retirement facility an asset
- Experience working with people who have dementia, Alzheimer’s Disease, and mental health illnesses
- Observation and health assessment according to level of practice
- Performs duties according to the RPN scope of practice
- Health teaching facilitation
- Leadership skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Develop individualized care plans and interventions as determined by the need of the resident.
- Ability to problem solve and to adapt nursing to independent practice
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to work a variety of shifts within the care team schedule
- Ability to work independently in a busy, fast paced environment and prioritize duties
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills
The successful candidate will be prepared to commence employment as soon as possible.
Candidates must demonstrate the following characteristics: Effective Communication, Accountability, Client/Customer Focus, Teamwork, Quality Improvement, Adaptability to Change, and Caring/Respect
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Eligible candidates should submit a resume clearly outlining their ability to fulfil all position requirements by mail or in person to: Heather Tatton, Human Resources Advisor: 425 Cecelia Street, Pembroke, ON K8A 1S7, by fax at (613) 732-2415, or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please note that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. If you have special needs and require accommodation measures for the selection process, please notify the Carefor Human Resources Advisor at that time.
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca.