Registered Practical Nurses
"A rewarding career in caring starts here"
Reference No: N14-014
Position(s): Regular Part Time/Casual/Shift
The Registered Practical Nurse is responsible for the provision and management of cost effective nursing care to individuals and/or families in the community. Care is provided within the framework of quality & risk management and the standards and scope of practice set by Carefor and the provincial regulatory body (Ontario College of Nurses) for the Registered Practical Nurse. Is responsible to teach and delegate tasks to different levels of workers.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Utilizes appropriate interviewing and communication skills to obtain information from the client/family
- Provides complete, relevant assessment of the client/family and their environment utilizing established procedures
- Selects and implements strategies or interventions from established care plans in consultation with the client and/or caregiver and health care team
- Utilizes adult learning principals and established teaching materials to provide health teaching to clients and families
- Incorporates current research findings into clinical practice
- Demonstrates effective time management, planning and organizing of day's work activities
- Promotes client-directed care, self care and independence through teaching
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- High tech skills or willing to be trained
- Compression bandaging or willing to be trained
- Wound therapy an asset
- Palliative Experience an asset
- LEAP an Asset
- Clinical practice experience preferred
- Experience in community health Mandatory
- Ability to problem solve and to adapt nursing to independent practice
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, (G2 level)
- Use of a reliable vehicle that is insured for business use
- Bilingualism English/French an asset
Start Date: To be Determined
Please forward your resume to email@example.com or fax it to (613) 749-4002.
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca.
Carefor Health & Community Services/Services et Soins de Santé Communautaires
760 Belfast Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 6M8