Registered Practical Nurses: Days (Ottawa)
"A rewarding career in caring starts here"
Position(s): Full Time and Regular Part Time Permanent and Full Time Summer Term
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) is responsible for the provision and management of cost effective nursing care to individuals and/or families in the community. Care is provided within the framework of quality & risk management and the standards and scope of practice set by Carefor and the provincial regulatory body (Ontario College of Nurses) for the Registered Practical Nurse. The RPN is responsible to teach and delegate tasks to different levels of workers.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Utilizes appropriate interviewing and communication skills to obtain information from the client/family
- Provides complete, relevant assessment of the client/family and their environment utilizing established procedures
- Selects and implements strategies or interventions from established care plans in consultation with the client and/or caregiver and health care team
- Utilizes adult learning principals and established teaching materials to provide health teaching to clients and families
- Incorporates current research findings into clinical practice
- Demonstrates effective time management, planning and organizing of day’s work activities
- Promotes client-directed care, self care and independence through teaching
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Wound care experience an asset
- High tech skills or willing to be trained
- IV Initiation and Management skills
- Palliative experience preferred
- LEAP training preferred or willing to obtain
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, (G2 level)
- Use of a reliable vehicle that is insured for business use
- Bilingualism (English/French) an asset
Start Date: As soon as possible
Please forward your resume to email@example.com or fax it to (613) 749-4002.
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca.
Carefor Health & Community Services/Services et Soins de Santé Communautaires
760 Belfast Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 6M8