REGISTERED NURSE - Educator
Status: 0.4 FTE with option to increase if funding available,
1 year contract with possibility of renewal
Ottawa Inner City Health is looking for a RN to join our team providing staff training modules. The successful incumbent will work closely with the staff and managers working within the partner agencies in order to provide high quality training modules in compliance with our harm reduction treatment model.
Internal/ External Competition
- The RN Educator develops and implements training modules for Nursing and front line staff members following a harm reduction model by:
- Reviewing the needs of each staffing group and developing training plans in accordance with their expected skill level.
- Working with existing training plans/ modules.
- Implementing the training plans for each staffing group
- Maintaining accurate records in order to ensure that all staff have met their training requirements.
- Keeping open communication with all staff including those of partner agencies to ensure compliance with training attendance.
- Receiving and applying feedback in order to modify each training module based on the level of comprehension and applicability for each staffing group.
- Current license as an RN in the province of Ontario with the College of Nurses
- 2-5 years experience in working with the homeless
- 2-5 years’ experience providing training
- Good knowledge of mental health and addictions
- Strong organizational skills
- Good oral communication skills in English, French strongly preferred
- Familiarity with word processing, power point and comfort in using technology in the workplace software
- Ability to communicate clearly and diplomatically
Interested applicants may forward their application by May 16, 2014 at 4 pm to Sophie Wheeler (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corporate members of Ottawa Inner City Health include: The Mission, The Salvation Army Booth Centre, Shepherds of Good Hope, Cornerstone, The Ottawa Hospital, Carefor, The Royal Ottawa Hospital, Canadian Mental Health Association, CCAC, Sandy Hill, Centretown, Somerset West CHCs, University of Ottawa, Youth Services Bureau,