Registered Pratical Nurse (RPN) Ottawa Inner City Health
Posting Date: February 6, 2015 - Posting will remain open until all positions are filled
Reference No: ICH-RPN-01
- Two (2) Regular Part Time One (1) year contracts with possibility of extension
- Casual Positions
Ottawa Inner City Health is looking for a RPN to join our team in the TED/TESP program located at Shepherds of Good Hope and to cross train for our Hospice located at the Ottawa Mission. The successful incumbent will work closely with the staff and managers working in these programs to provide high quality care to clients.
Internal/ External Competition: Open to individuals who have a current license as an RPN in the province of Ontario with the College of Nurses. Preference will be given to internal candidates.
- The RPN provides clinical care to clients who receive their health care at the TED/TESP & Hospice programs by:
- Completing a comprehensive assessment of the clients medical condition upon admission
- Implementing the plan of care in accordance to the standard treatment protocol established for the TED/TESP & Hospice programs.
- Maintaining an accurate list of admissions, transfers and discharges to the program and communicating this information to the other clinical staff and programs
- Fielding telephone inquiries regarding the program and facilitating communication between community partners and clinical staff
Hours of Work: Hours of work will be scheduled based on operational needs of the program following 8 hour rotations, 7:00am- 3:00pm, 3:00pm- 11:00pm, and 11:00pm- 7:00am.
- Current license as an RPN in the province of Ontario with the College of Nurses
- 2-5 years experience in working with the homeless
- Good knowledge of mental health and addictions
- Strong organizational skills
- Good oral communication skills in English, French strongly preferred
- Familiarity with word processing and comfort in using technology in the workplace software
- Ability to communicate clearly and diplomatically
- Strong Organizational Abilities
Regular Part-time #1: Friday and Saturday 11:00pm-7:00am of weeks 1 &3 (in 4 week rotation) with possibility of additional hours on a on-call basis.
Regular Part-time #2: Friday and Saturday 11:00pm-7:00am of week 2 and Thursday and Friday 11:00pm- 7:00am of week 4 (in a 4 week rotation) with the possibility of additional hours on a on-call basis.
Casual Work: Hours scheduled on an on-call basis
Interested applicants may forward their application by February 19, 2015 at midnight to Sophie Wheeler (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please specify which position you are applying for in your cover letter.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corporate members of Ottawa Inner City Health include: The Mission, The Salvation Army Booth Centre, Shepherds of Good Hope, Cornerstone, The Ottawa Hospital, Carefor, The Royal Ottawa Hospital, Canadian Mental Health Association, CCAC, Sandy Hill, Centretown, Somerset West CHCs, University of Ottawa.