REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE
Status: FULL-TIME, 1 year contract with benefits
Ottawa Inner City Health is looking for a RPN to join our clinical team in order to assist the RNs with charting and medication checking. The successful incumbent will work closely with RNs in order to ensure that charting requirements are met and that medications are delivered and administered as ordered.
The RPN provides support to the RNs throughout the OICHI program by:
- Assisting with charting as needed
- Ensuring that medications delivered from the pharmacy match the medication order.
- Maintaining accurate records when a medication change has been ordered
- Fielding telephone inquiries regarding the program and facilitating communication between community partners and clinical staff
- Current license as an RPN in the province of Ontario with the College of Nurses
- 2-5 years experience in working with the homeless
- Good knowledge of mental health and addictions
- Strong organizational skills
- Good oral communication skills in English, French strongly preferred
- Familiarity with word processing and comfort in using technology in the workplace software
- Ability to communicate clearly and diplomatically
Interested applicants may forward their application by May 14, 2014 at 4pm to Sophie Wheeler (email@example.com)
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corporate members of Ottawa Inner City Health include: The Mission, The Salvation Army Booth Centre, Shepherds of Good Hope, Cornerstone, The Ottawa Hospital, Carefor, The Royal Ottawa Hospital, Canadian Mental Health Association, CCAC, Sandy Hill, Centretown, Somerset West CHCs, University of Ottawa, Youth Services Bureau,