Social Worker - Ottawa
Posting Date: Feb 16, 2015
Reference Number: CFW-A14-02
Position: One (1) Regular Part Time .4 and One (1) Casual
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Carefor Health & Community Services is a not-for-profit, charitable health care organization offering a wide variety of services in the greater Ottawa area. With over 750 staff and 300 volunteers, our skilled team members work closely with clients, caregivers and a multidisciplinary health care team to deliver quality and innovative support services.
As a Social Worker, you are dedicated to providing the highest quality of client care, passionate about your profession and committed to ongoing professional development. You are able to provide cost-effective, organized care that promotes client directed care, self care and independence.
As a member of our team you will be responsible for the provision and management of Social Work Interventions to individuals and their families in the community.
You will assess, intervene, consult and counsel clients and their families in the community by:
• Maximizing social, emotional and cognitive functioning;
• Assessing capacity to manage finances and personal care needs
• Assisting with obtaining alternative housing;
• Assisting with the establishment and maintenance of support networks; and
• Assisting with crisis management and development of coping strategies.
- Master Degree in Social Work
- Registered with the College of Social Work and Social Services of Ontario
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making and analysis
- The ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, (G2 level).
- Use of a reliable vehicle that is insured for business use
- 2-5 years experience preferred
- Experience in community health and/or palliative care
- Bilingualism (French/English) is Mandatory for the Regular Part Time Position
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (613) 749-4002
To learm more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca
Health & Community Services/Services et Soins de Santé Communautaires
760 Belfast Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 6M8