Ottawa Inner City Health
|Making sure no one is leftbehind in the Ottawa community|
Ottawa Inner City Health is a collaborative project with the City of Ottawa, shelters and other stakeholders, to provide health maintenance and health care services to the homeless population in the Ottawa region. This partnership in innovative health care has been in operation for the past 10 years.
Carefor has been contracted to provide nursing and personal support staff to provide care at each of the 5 Ottawa sites.
- End of life care for palliative clients at the Mission Hospice on Daly Ave.
- Convalescent and support for the short stay unit at the Salvation Army Booth Centre.
- Support and health care to the clients of the "Wet Program" at the Shepherds of Good Hope building on King Edward Ave.
- Support and health care at the Women's Special Care Unit located at the Shepherds of Good Hope building on King Edward Ave.
- Health care and support to 55 clients in a supportive housing facility managed by the Shepherds of Good Hope on Merivale Road.
Carefor staff are also linked to the Harm Reduction project that helps individuals in need to gradually reduce their alcohol intake while under supervised medical care.
For more information call (613) 749-7557 or e-mail email@example.com.