Companionship Program: Renfrew County
Providing Support at Home
Carefor's Companionship Program assists clients and families by assuming the responsibility for a client's practical, emotional, and/or social support. The service is offered in long term care or retirement homes, in a hospital, or as a private home care service.
The main purpose of the program is to provide the client with:
- Supervision for safety
There are many ways companions assist clients. These include:
- Light cleaning
- Helping with meal preparation
- Shopping with client
- Monitoring safety
- Respite for families
- Assistance with activities program (i.e. walk program)
- Supervision / assistance with personal care
- Accompanying clients to appointments or social activities
- Accompanying clients via ambulance to medical appointments
Our hours of service depend upon the needs of the client receiving care. Currently, the Carefor Companionship Program offers the following shifts:
Day: 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Evening: 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Night: 11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.
Services can be arranged on a one-time basis or for a period of time.
For more information call (613) 732-9993, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.