PSW’s Required for the Cornwall Area
Summary of Function:
The Personal Support Worker (PSW) provides personal support and homemaking services to individuals in the home within the framework of Carefor policies, procedures, standards and quality & risk management. The PSW collaborates with members of the health care team in meeting the needs of individuals to attain an optimal level of independence and well being.
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate, required
- Current CPR level C Certificate, required
- Experience working with elderly or ill individuals, preferably in a community setting
- Experience in handling confidential information
- Must be able to communicate well, both written and verbal in English and French
- Good assessment skills
- Ability to take direction well
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to adjust to working in different social and economic environments
- Ability to work variety of hours, days, evening and weekends
- Ability to bend, sit, stand, kneel for short periods of time
The successful candidate will be prepared to commence employment as soon as possible.
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Eligible candidates should submit a resume clearly outlining their ability to fulfil all position requirements by mail or in person to: Nicole Bissonnette, Human Resources Advisor: 205 Amelia Street, Cornwall, ON K6H 3P3, by fax at (613) 932-0998, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. If you have special needs and require accommodation measures for the selection process, please notify the Carefor Human Resources Advisor at that time.
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca.